Summer 2020 Update: In these uncertain times, we are working to ensure the Bull Sharks swim team has everything lined up to start practice once social activities return to normal. Register HERE to reserve your spot. Due to the global pandemic of Covid 19, the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation has cancelled ALL TAAF events through May 31, 2020. To stay up to date on TAAF news, visit their website.
Welcome to the Bull Sharks Summer Swim Team. Cool off this summer and stay active by joining a swim team! Our team emphasizes great coaching, fun, achieving personal goals, and good sportsmanship while participating in competitive swimming.
Why join OUR summer swim team?
- Our team focuses on Stroke Technique for all levels of swimmers. The coaching staff works toward growing each swimmer where they are and helping them achieve their personal best.
- Our team practices at an indoor facility and has free stroke clinics in an indoor facility. There is no need to worry with outside weather conditions interrupting workout sessions.
- Swimming is Great Aerobic Exercise – Swimming provides cardiovascular conditioning, while building longer, leaner muscles that can increase metabolism and improve overall health.
- Swimming is a great Cross-Training Activity for All Types of Athletes – Swimming gives your body a rest from higher-impact sports and can allow the body time to recover and avoid injury.
- Research shows that swimming can improve asthma symptoms. Swimming can increase lung capacity by forcing the lungs to work hard to supply oxygen to the body and thus over time decreasing asthma symptoms.